Wednesday, March 25, 2009

If your lightening your hair w/ garnier nutrisse the longer you wait does it get lighter in results or darker?

my hair is medium brown and i wanna make it blondeish but to make it lighter should i wait longer than the 30 minutes?
If your lightening your hair w/ garnier nutrisse the longer you wait does it get lighter in results or darker?
you could.. but box color isnt the way to go.... TRY a SALON
If your lightening your hair w/ garnier nutrisse the longer you wait does it get lighter in results or darker?
use koolaid
Reply:I%26#039;m not a professional or anything, just a frequent hair-dye user. =) But generally the darker your hair is the longer it can take to go lighter, however I used garnier nutrisses hair lightening/bleach thing to lift my color in december, and I can%26#039;t remember for sure but i%26#039;m pretty sure I left it for the time it said on the instructions rather than going for much longer (mainly cause it was my first time bleaching my hair at home and I was afraid i%26#039;d fry my hair or turn it green, haha) But my hair was also a medium brown at the time when I did it.


Just keep in mind, obviously, that using stuff like this can damage your hair a lot, especially if your hair is already chemically treated, and also for the record if you wanna have blondish hair you should consider getting a toner to go with the lightening stuff. Because since your hair is brown it%26#039;s most likely gonna go an orangey color depending on your hair, (it%26#039;s rare that hair actually goes from brown to blonde by JUST using a lightening kit) so it%26#039;s probably a good idea to have a toner of some sort (I personally used l%26#039;oreals casting creme gloss) to try and get it more the shade you want it to be. Just keep in mind it should be some sort of toner in that case since you%26#039;re not supposed to use proper hair-dye right after bleaching it. This is naturally up to you and I can%26#039;t guarantee your results etc but this was my experience with it anyways. And also I was at the time aiming for a strawberry type blonde which is what I got by using the lightening thing and the toner combined. I hope it helps, let me know if you wanna know more or something. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment